Home Improvement Process
- Gather images and ideas of concepts to which you are drawn. It is also helpful to list the things you know you don’t like.
- Determine your “got to have” list.
- Begin working on an overall budget. Use our budget calculator
- If you feel comfortable, draw a rough sketch of your floor plan and take measurements of the usable wall area. Look at the image at the right for an idea of how to do that. (or, if building, get floor plan from architect or builder).
- Call us at (847) 253-1015 or click here to make an appointment.
Visiting our Showroom
The first time you stop into our showroom we will:
- Answer any questions you may have.
- We will show you the products and services we offer..
- Review and/or assist you in establishing a budget.
- Discuss your ideas and develop a needs list.
- Discuss your floor plan (if you have one) and go over some design ideas.
- Discuss your plans for utilizing the room you will be remodeling.
If You Like What You See and Hear
- We will come to your home and take measurements.
- We will discuss our Design Retainer. If you would like us to proceed with designs, elevations, perspectives, floor plans, and detail pricing, the retainer is designed and we will begin.
- We will create a design, draft elevations, perspectives, and a floor plan.
- We will provide you with pricing of the cabinetry, fixtures, countertops, hardware and construction pricing.
- We will set up a meeting for you to discuss the design and pricing and discuss any potential modifications you would like to make.
- We will set up a meeting with one of our experienced remodeling contractors and meet with them at your site to discuss all the specific modifications and construction process for your new space.
The Installation Process
- Detail Kitchens will provide mechanical and electrical plan drawings for the contractor and make any modifications to those plans as necessary.
- Detail Kitchens will meet on site several times during remodeling to go over specifics on appliance locations, cabinet design and special features. Our recommended remodeling contractors have years of experience and are meticulous when it comes to the installation of our cabinetry and finished moldings.
- If you would like to use your own contractor and to insure a quality installation of your new cabinetry, we will work with your own selected contractor and meet with their installers to discuss the details of your plan and installation.